F H card letter b

Friday, August 18, 2006

Our horse comes in

... or maybe it's our cat who came in. In any case, I like the picture.

As you may remember, I took a (very) small piece of Troublecat's action at the 2006 WSOP. The Cat finished in 410th place, out of 8,773 entries, and won $30,512.00, not bad earnings on a $10k investment... especially since Ryan made the buy-in through a win at FullTilt.

He apparently looked at it as pure profit, since my email this morning noted that $305.12 had been deposited in my PokerStars account, representing my 1% backing.

It would have been nice to get a piece of the $12,100,997 (let's see, that would have been $121,099.77. whew.) that the ultimate winner, Jamie Gold took, but hey, I bet Gold couldn't write as entertaining a blog as the Cat, either.

Thanks, TC. It was a fun run, and whenever you want a backer again, give me a call. In fact, you can count on at least two from New Hamster. My wife followed you as closely as I did, sending me lunch time reports on your progress. I think you have a fan.

No comments: