F H card letter b

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Biblioexpeditions

I've been shamefully neglecting fhb, I know, and I'm afraid it's going to continue for the next couple of months, at least until I finish my contractual obligation with gather in June. Between Dreamtime (new episode below, plug plug), gather, and the things I do to actually pay the bills, I finally hit a wall where there just wasn't any more Fred to go around.

But I'm caught up, at least for the moment, so here's an interesting thing I came across in today's Globe: BiblioExpeditions, a bookstore/literary tour equivalent of those buses that take you down to Foxwoods for a day of gambling.

Ride our luxury motorcoach on weekend adventures to fabulous independent bookstores and literary landmarks in New York City, Boston, Western Massachusetts, Central Connecticut and Southern Vermont.
I like the idea, and I wouldn't mind going on the June 2nd tour a, "a one-day literary adventure in Greenwich Village, featuring Strand Bookstore (80 years old this year!), McNally-Robinson Bookstore, Bonnie Slotnick Cookbooks, St. Mark's Bookshop, Housingworks Used Book Cafe, Bluestockings, and a dozen other fabulous bookstores. We'll be departing Amherst, Massachusetts at 7am, and returning at 11pm." At a sale price of $69 (regular price $99), it sounds like a bargain.

No comments: