F H card letter b

Monday, April 04, 2005

Call me Fishmeal



If you hang out at book stores as much as I do, you'll eventually hear all these questions... and worse. Speaking of the last panel of the strip, while I'm not (usually) so geeky as to bring someone to task on the difference between a fantasy and sf author, I do have a well-worn rant about employees in bookstores (especially the large chains) knowing less and less every year. Books, CDs, videos, burgers, hey man, it's just another gig, right?

But I'll resist.

Our favorite independent bookseller, The Toadstool Bookshops uses a questionnaire to measure prospective employees' knowledge on pop and traditional literature, mostly a "who wrote what?" test, that I found quite hard when I took it... and I think I probably know more about books than the average bear. Posted by Hello

No comments: