F H card letter b

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

The number of [expletive deleted]s said in any given episode of Deadwood.

Although I heard of HBO's Deadwood by rep, I had never actually viewed an episode until my writing junket down to `Bama this Spring, since Peg and I don't have HBO. Coming into the series mid-plot, semi-asleep, and concerned about Peg, who wasn't answering the phone (she had locked herself out of the house. Long story), the only impression the show made on me at that time was that the Eff Word was used in almost every sentence.

I eventually became a fan of Deadwood - which is much more than unrelenting swearing -- thanks to the god-send of the 1st season DVD release, which is also how I became a fan of 24. I'm now teasing Peg into letting me get HBO solely so I don't have to wait for Season 2 of Deadwood on DVD.

So far the answer has been "No!"

In any case, via Iggy, more proof that everything is on these here internets, including people with way too much time on their hands. Someone has gone to the trouble of counting the total number of f**ks (the word, not the act, although there's probably a site somewhere logging that, too) in each episode of Deadwood. And no, this is not WS or KF.

2 comments:

Ignatious said...

aww man, you scooped one of my future quotes. :)

--

"Announcing your plans is a good way to hear God laugh." - Al Swearengen, Deadwood

Anonymous said...

AWWHHH Peg Let Jack get HBO ::)) Deadwood is Ralph's favorite show.(I love Six Feet Under!! Peg you might like that one?) He says that qoute all the time. I nearly fell off my chair when I saw it!!!

Love
Mimi

Hope that helps Jack LOL