F H card letter b

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Cat-like typing detected

Like most cat people who spend a lot of their time at the computer, I have to put up with the occasional feline expedition across the keyboard. Personally, its more an amusement than annoyance to me, but I'm so compulsive that I save anything I'm working on every few minutes anyway. More worrisome is Bear's tendency to nestle against the back of the laptop in cold weather, smothering the fan in the process. I'm convinced that one chip failure and possibly a hard drive replacement have been the damage to date.

Anyway,
Pawsense is a software utility that helps protect your computer from cats. It quickly detects and blocks cat typing, and also helps train your cat to stay off the computer keyboard.

If a cat gets on the keyboard, PawSense makes a sound that annoys cats.*

*Note Bene: I played both "annoying sounds" to Bear and Kittenish. Bear slept through the hiss and stretched, turned, and went back to sleep at the harmonica. Kittenish "wahh!" to be fed at both sounds.

via Federated Media

No comments: