F H card letter b

Monday, September 13, 2004

Remembering 9/11

Although we hadn't planned to, Peg and I observed the third anniversary of 9/11 by watching the CBS DVD "What We Saw : The Events of September 11, 2001, in Words, Pictures, and Video" a 2-hour compilation that includes news reports as the event unfolded, as well as retrospective 60 Minute stories on the impact on the victim's families.

Watching the DVD made me sad and angry all over again. On September 11th, 2001 I slept in late, something I seldom do, and drove to our local bagel shop for coffee and breakfast. I was returning home and turned on the radio seconds after the second jet was flown into the WTC. The rest of the day I spent in front of the television, occasionally calling Peggy.

"We are living in a science fiction world," Dylan said in an interview a few months before September 11th.

No comments: