F H card letter b

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Cool Tools

Although its content could be wildly hit-or-miss, especially in its waning years, I miss The Whole Earth Review (which looks like it completely stopped publication, virtual or otherwise, in 2003), especially when it was being edited by Howard Rheingold or Kevin Kelly.

Part of Kelly's web site is devoted to Cool Tools, and immediately reminded me of the old WE mag, and the even older Whole Earth catalog. Lot of "I wants" found, just on the initial browse, although I could have done without knowledge of the reusable menstrual cup.

A cool tool can be any book, gadget, software, video, map, hardware, material, or website that is tried and true. I am chiefly interested in stuff that is extraordinary, better than similar products, little-known, and reliably useful for an individual or small group.
I've added "Cool Tools" as a "Places to Go" link.

No comments: