F H card letter b

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

If you were looking for a good way to learn more about comic books...

I couldn't think of a better place to start than Alan David Doane's 100 Things I Love About Comics. And be sure to check out his 100 annotations to the list. Of particular note, and certainly in my top 100 list would be:

#21 - Ernie Colon's Richie Rich.
#40 - Hellboy.
#48 - Alan Moore's Marvelman/Miracleman
#78 - Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson.
#83 - Watchmen by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons.
#85 - Daniel G. Clowes. (for Ghost World in fhb's opinion)
#91 - Alan Moore's Swamp Thing.

And because I can't look at such a list without adding some of my own amendments, I'll add three more to round up to ten.

Daredevil - Born Again Frank Miller with artist David Mazzucchelli.
Scott McClouds's Understanding Comics
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller, Klaus Janson, Lynn Varley


No comments: