F H card letter b

Friday, March 10, 2006

WPBT WSOP M.O.U.S.E. Satellite Tournament

... the "M.o.u.s.e." is my contribution. Iggy has announced what I suspect will be only the 1st of the (deep breath here) World Poker Bloggers Tour World Series of Poker Satellite Event...

March 19th - Sunday
9pm EST
Paradise Poker
$30 NL
password: email Iggy to get it (scroll down his blogroll on right to locate his anorexic email nom de guerre).

The only requirement to enter is that you have a blog, any kind of blog. Hell, they even let me in, so you can see how loose the requirements are. Winner wins a seat in the 2006 WSOP $1500 event of their choice. Minimum 55 players are needed, but I don't think that's too much of a problem. Of course, it's yet-another-site that I don't have an account at, but, since I coincidentally just upgraded my Turbo and Tournament Hold `Em software and they threw in a bonus package to Paradise (pun intended), that's not too much of a hassle. And Paradise looks better than some of the poker sites Iggy has lured me to.

One of those sites - Titan Poker - recently sent me a freebie virtual chip good for entry into any of their $10 tournaments in an attempt to get me back, or maybe to just clear away the $2.38 I had forgotten was left in my account. In any case, I sat down to a 10-person SnG game yesterday, after work, and ended up in second place, clearing $30 (in fact, really clearing $30, as it was for all intents, a freeroll for me) for my efforts. Unfortunately for Titan, in my case the lure didn't work, as I immediately cashed out my bankroll, as playing on the site had reminded me of everything I disliked about Titan, including the only $1000 starting stack, the regular freezes, and the insane play. I'm also not real thrilled with discovering that Titan puts a 24/48-hour hold on all withdrawals, which may be common in the on-line poker world, but is the first time I've run into it. I'm used to instantaneous cashouts at PokerStars and UltimateBet, the two places I do most of my playing.

I know Iggy loves loose tables, but as I think he found out, loose tables in tournaments are a two-edged sword when you can't replenish your stack. This time the fishies gave me and one other tight player all their little chippies, one-by-one, making insane all-in calls with only a wish and a draw in their hands. Unfortunately for me, the other guy had like 3/4s of the table's chips when we finally went head-to-head and though I got in front of him a couple of times, the law of averages caught up with me when I went all-in with AA and he pulled a flush at the river.

Since I'm on a poker post, I'll close by noting that I played my regular home game ("What could be better," Peggy interjects. "A 'home game' where you actually stay at home, and I don't have to clean up afterwards, or air out the house.") the WWdn Invitational, and placed 33rd, playing pretty well, I thought, but rivered finally on another flush suckout. Most notable thing about the game was Wil being knocked out for the second time running by the same player, a first.



No comments: