F H card letter b

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Eye on the Sparrow

I have mixed feelings about the Robert Blake verdict. Like nearly everyone I've discussed the case with, and as two jurors noted on the "Today" show this morning: "Innocent?" No.

But then, who of us are? Of course, few of us have murdered our spouses, as I suspect Blake did, or at least had a hand in, as one of the jurors all but said. But, while he's free, his problems are far from over. As he's claiming, I suspect he's dead broke. And, in case he does have any assets left, Bakley's heirs have a "wrongful death" suit (warning: link is to an Acrobat PDF) filed against him.

Don't go to bed with no price on your head
No, no, don't do it.

Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time
Yeah, don't do it.

And keep your eye on the sparrow, when the going gets narrow.
Don't do it, don't do it.

Where can I go where the cold winds don't blow, now.
Well, well, well.

No comments: