F H card letter b

Monday, June 05, 2006

In da Futur, we all spel gud

As anyone who has had the misfortune to hear me knows, I can go on a virtual rant on rails about the misuse of words, especially words like "compliment" vs. "complement" and "sight" vs. "site," both sets of which you can find wrongly used in periodicals and on the Web on any given day. There seems to be an epidemic of typos of late. This from NASA's image of the day...

"Saturn's largest moon, Titan, peaks out from under the planet's rings of ice."
and this from a Forbes story on the Disney tween hit, High School Musical...
"Even beyond its core young audience, Disney has managed to strike a cord with this uplifting, aspirational movie, which features a high school basketball star who also wants to perform in the school's musical production."
Excuse me, I have to go, my chord is peeking.

No comments: