F H card letter b

Friday, October 08, 2004

Sodomy and 20 Questions

I do like coming up with these heads. I think I was a New York Post lead writer in a previous life... "Headless Body Found in Topless Bar!"

Anyway, two links via Iggy at Guinness and Poker. The first from the snopes.com Urban Legend site, a good productivity-buster to explore when you don't feel like working.

"In response to a question from host Bob Eubanks about the 'most unusual place you've ever made whoopee,' a female Newlywed Game contestant responded, 'That would be up the butt, Bob.'"

Interestingly, the legend turns out to be partially true, even though Bob Eubanks repeatedly denied the story and even offered a $10,000 bounty if anyone could prove it true. Read all about it here.

Unfortunately, Groucho's remark to the mother of 22 children still remains unproven.

GROUCHO: "Why do you have so many children? That's a big responsibility and a big burden."

MRS. STORY: "Well, because I love my children and I think that's our purpose here on Earth, and I love my husband."

GROUCHO: "I love my cigar, too, but I take it out of my mouth once in a while."

Okay, let's get our minds out of the gutter, shall we? Here's an interesting experiment in AI, based on the game "Twenty Questions." The link will take you to a demographic survey, which you can fill out or ignore as you wish before hitting the "Play" button. The AI engine is surprisingly realistic, guessing both my objects (a tennis ball and a cat) with twenty questions each.

Thanks again to Iggy for both links, and btw, the Igster is hosting a $20 no-limits tourney at PokerStars on Thursday October 21st. More info, as well as the usual cross of shilling and uber-posting at Iggy's very funny blog. See you at the tourney on Thursday, given that I can find a way to get some money into PokerStars quickly.

No comments: