I sometimes think I should write an article with the working title of "Lifestyle of the Doing Okay and Semi-Famous", as in my 50-odd years, I've skirted -- usually only very glancingly -- the peripheries of fame. Not working too hard at it, I've:
1. Been insulted by Larry Niven.
2. Chaperoned Harlan Ellison's mother.
3. Interviewed Stephen King (twice).
4. Hung out with Tad Williams.
5. Had a post "cribbed" by Mark Evanier.
6. Had one of my review blurbs appear on a Kate Wilhelm novel.
7. Shown up in the credits/acknowledgements of various things.
The latest credit is the one that Doug Cooke recently put up for me and the other members of the Bikini Coalition, which was very nice of him.
To the left/above is a copy of one of the photos sans eBay watermark that the BC won at auction, and yes, that's still a capo.
Tuesday, May 17, 2005
Posted by Fred Bals at 7:33 AM